Sunday 12 February 2012

Film Review: 127 Hours

  • Name: 127 Hours
  • Released: UK - 7th January 2011
  • Genres: Adventure, Biography & Drama
  • Duration: 94 mins
  • Director: Danny Boyle
  • Writer: Danny Boyle, Simon Beaufoy & Aron Ralston (Book: 'Between a Rock and a Hard Place')
  • Stars: James Franco, Amber Tamblyn & Kate Mara

My Review:

This film was based on a true story and supposedly comes under the 'Adventure' genre...I think other wise. This film had about as much adventure as a cheese sandwich; there was nothing adventurous whatsoever. I was looking forward to seeing it as it was directed by Danny Boyle (I normally enjoy his films) and it was nominated for 6 Oscars - I don't know how it was. I was thoroughly disappointed when it had finished. Okay, so the fact that it's a true story is an amazing fact but made into a film? No thank you. As I have said with other films, it didn't GO anywhere! Plus, I didn't like the start of it at all. One of the musts when making a film is to make the start good to make sure that people carry on watching else they might just switch off.

The acting wasn't too bad though I didn't think that the characters had any depth to them and they weren't made interesting enough for a film.

Overall, I didn't enjoy this film one bit and I feel that the only reason that people would watch it is to get ideas of what NOT to do in theirs!


Overall Rating: 2.9/5


Many Thanks to IMDb.com

No comments:

Post a Comment