Saturday 29 September 2012

Film Review: She's All That

  • Name: She's All That
  • Released: UK - 21st May 1999
  • Genres: Comedy & Romance
  • Duration: 95 mins
  • Director: Robert Iscove
  • Writer: R. Lee Fleming Jr.
  • Stars: Freddi Prinze Jr., Rachael Leigh Cook and Matthew Lilliard
 
 
My Review:
 
Being a teenager myself, I found this film very appealing. Having mentioned before how I'm not totally keen on typical 'American Highschool Rom-Coms'; I have to admit that I did enjoy this one.
 
Having said that, there was nothing overly special about the story line or about the way it was written - it has all been done before so I can't credit my like for this film on that. However, the cast for this film is, in my opinion fantastic. Freddie Prinze Jr. plays a very convincing 'high school hunk' and Matthew Lilliard is hilariously funny but Rachael Leigh Cook has to be my favourite character; the contrast between her and other females which play a similar role in other films is vast in that others seem quite fake where as she makes it seem very natural - almost real. 
 
Overall, despite being made over a decade ago, it's a very funny film that would appeal to most teenagers. Nothing majorly different from other films of a similar genre but well worth a watch for a relaxing Saturday night film.
 
 
Overall rating: 3.5/5
 
 
Many Thanks to IMDb.com

No comments:

Post a Comment