Friday 30 December 2011

Film Review: Nativity!

  •  Name: Nativity!
  • Released: UK - 27th November 2009
  • Genres: Comedy, Family
  • Duration: 105 mins
  • Director: Debbie Isitt
  • Writer: Debbie Isitt
  • Stars: Martin Freeman, Marc Wooton, Jason Watkins and Pam Ferris
  
My Review:
 
As it's December, I only thought right to review a Christmas related film, so here it is.
 
Although this film is centralized around the Nativity which is Christmas related, it doesn't really focus on Christmas at the heart of the story. I think that they got the festive balance just right because I dislike films that are all about Christmas and don't really have much storyline to them.
 
Having said that, I think that the storyline in this film was similar to other films and quite repetitive; it was like the disaster movie all over again! I think that Debbie Isitt was trying too hard to get a funny, action-filled movie and ended up with everything going wrong. This may have been her intention but, if it was, it still didn't work. Too much was going on in it and I think there should have been just a couple of major failure points in the storyline.
  
The way that the parts were cast I think was done very well. I think that Martin Freeman, Pam Ferris, Jason Watkins and Alan Carr were cast particularly well. However, I think that, as a fan of the Royale Family, Ricky Tomlinson is too set cast to be playing someone as serious as the Mayor. Whenever I see him I automatically picture Jim Royale lounging around in his Y-fronts! Apart from that, I think that him and Pam Ferris worked extremely well together and fitted well for the characters relationship Isitt was trying to get across. Overall, I think that this is the best cast film that I have seen in a long while.
 
 To conclude, the rating on the film is a U which obviously aims it at younger children - most of whom I think would thoroughly enjoy it as well as bringing a smile to the parents' faces.
 
 
 
Overall Rating: 3.7/5
 
 
Many Thanks to IMDb.com

No comments:

Post a Comment